It’s an old question, but a good one . . . What were your favorite books this year?
List as many as you like … fiction, non-fiction, mystery, romance,
science-fiction, business, travel, cookbooks … whatever the category.
But, really, we’re all dying to know. What books were the highlight of
your reading year in 2007?
Well, that's a tough one, there were so many :
- The Top One is Stephenie Meyer's series Twilight, the most fabulous of the year
- The Harsh Cry of the Heron by Lian Hearn : I was delighted to find out what became of Kaede and Takeo, I re-read all the series, and I was also very sad at the end, but it was fabulous
- The Twelve Kingdoms by Fuyumi Ono : Great Fantasy
- Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld : really great, interesting, and made me think, and I really like books that can make me think;o)
- One For Sorrow : Christopher Barzak : A great debut novel
- Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson : An initiation travel.
- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin : A very nice conception of life after life
- Three Bags Full by Leonie Swan : Miss Maple is a great detective;o)
- Benny and Shrimp - Katarina Mazetti : A complicated love story
And there was also a certain number of books that I read for the second time this year, and that I will always love :
- The Worlds of Chrestomanci by Diana Wynne Jones : Unimitable, magical
- Anne of Green Gables Series by Lucy Maud Montgomery : wonderful, delightful
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman : A very good moment with Lyra and Will
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling : I re-read all of them and that was great to have an overview from the beginning. Things take a different meaning when you already know what will happen
- Hanazakari No Kimitachi E by Hisaya Nakajo : A really great manga series
- Nana by Ai Yazawa : My favorite manga, along with Paradise Kiss
- Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya : My second favorite manga;o)
Well I'm sure there are others, but i'll say that those are the main highlights of my 2007;o)
To find Booking Through Thursday, this way!